Welcome to the Tampa Blog

Welcome and Bienvenidos!

Although I am not a Tampa area lifer, I enjoy taking the time to search out my surroundings and find the best that Tampa Bay has to offer! Please enjoy this site! I hope you make many returns as you search for ways to be involved in your community!


I plan on giving you ideas for rest and relaxation as well as volunteer suggestions!

Have a sun-filled day!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

OUT - About - and Around

I want to spend some time talking about Orlando here. It is so nice to have such a vacation friendly area within an hour drive!

Hotel prices are very reasonable in Orlando. Have you noticed?

This past week , my sweet deputy husband had some time off and we went to take in a small dinner show.

We visited the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner show at Wonderworks.
For a total of $38 (by using coupons found in the hotel lobby) we enjoyed a whole buncha pizza, salad, and popcorn. Neither of us are beer drinkers but there was also lotsa free beer.

The show itself was entertaining. For about 1 hour we were amused by the card tricks, simple magic, and illusions.

I think the show is perfect for youth group gatherings and the children there seemed to be fascinated.

There was plenty of audience participation and there was chocolate cake.


No comments: